Though many memorable things have happened in the last few months, I have no real desire to recap all of them. However, two major events happened pretty recently that are worth mentioning.




First, my baby brother graduated high school! He was in the top 10% of his class, a leader in JROTC, a lifeguard, captain of the swim team, Lead Altar Server, and took several AP classes. I genuinely can't express how amazed I am at the person he's becoming. From the shy little kid who wouldn't order his own food at restaurants and was content to hang out with mom all day or play video games, to the smart, popular, outgoing, kind, funny, high-schooler that he's become, I can hardly believe how much he's changed. What's really awesome though, is how close he and I are. We've always gotten along well, but in the past few years we've become friends. I love hanging out with him and hearing about his life, and he makes time to come visit me and spend time with me when I'm in town. He's headed to UF in the fall, and though I have no doubt that he'll excel there, I really am going to miss him being at home when I go back. Basically, I couldn't ask for a better kid brother.


The second major recent event is that I finally turned 21! I'm not a big drinker, but celebrating was wonderful. So many different people in my life came out to spend the evening with me at Jellyrolls-a dueling piano bar at Disney. I didn't drink a lot, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere and spending time with so many people that I care about.
No comments:
Post a Comment