02 January 2010

Ringing in 2010 in Miami

I had a great start to the New Year! On December 31, I drove down to Miami with Ris, Paul, and Tommy to see Mel and her family. It was a long drive, but we were lucky and didn't hit traffic or run into any trouble (except at Wendy's, where Tommy got yelled at for using the bathroom).
Mel's house is absolutely beautiful and we had a great time celebrating. Her family through a New Year's/Birthday Party (her dad turned 40 on January 1). I had a blast just hanging out, enjoying the fire and the fireworks and just relaxing with friends.
In the morning, Ris and I went to Mass (and managed to stay awake!), then Mel took us on a tour of Miami, which was really cool. Ris, Paul, and I hit the road and headed back to Tampa in the afternoon. We all pretty much crashed as soon as we got back. It was a long two days, but a fun way to ring in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment