Later in 2005, we outgrew the K-8 school and moved to the cafeteria of Celebration High School. For over 4 years, we celebrated Mass there every week.
Last September, we broke ground on our new church building on Celebration Avenue.
And finally, on December 24, 2009 we celebrated Mass in our new church for the first time. The regular daily Mass was held at 9 am, and there were 586 people in attendance. Zach and I served with Michael Garcia, another parishioner who's been here since the beginning.
Mom and I attended the Children's Christmas Eve Mass at 5 pm...there were almost 12,000 people there. The whole family came back for Midnight Mass.
It's been absolutely amazing to watch our church grow so much in such a short time, and I feel very blessed to be a part of it all.
Now...pictures! The marble and the wood of the altar are from Spain. The Crucifix is also from Spain and was hand carved from a single piece of wood; it's six feet tall. The stained glass windows were made in Italy.
The altar, all decorated for Christmas
After the first Mass
Our beautiful new home!
No comments:
Post a Comment